TV NEWS

TV talk.

Moderator: smash

User avatar
Dex
Big Daddy
Posts: 1377
Joined: 04 Aug 2006 13:41
Location: Long Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: TV NEWS

Post by Dex » 24 May 2011 04:44

Showtime has officially renewed Nurse Jackie (yay) and canceled United States of Tara (who cares)
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

User avatar
smash
Posts: 1332
Joined: 06 Aug 2006 03:43
Location: Cloud 6
Contact:

Re: TV NEWS

Post by smash » 25 May 2011 01:36

Dex wrote:Showtime has officially renewed Nurse Jackie (yay) and canceled United States of Tara (who cares)

What makes Nurse Jackie good? I'm not trying to be a shit head, but I watch any trailer/promo and I just go 'don't care!'

United States of Tara looked horrible.

User avatar
Dex
Big Daddy
Posts: 1377
Joined: 04 Aug 2006 13:41
Location: Long Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: TV NEWS

Post by Dex » 25 May 2011 13:30

smash wrote:
Dex wrote:Showtime has officially renewed Nurse Jackie (yay) and canceled United States of Tara (who cares)

What makes Nurse Jackie good? I'm not trying to be a shit head, but I watch any trailer/promo and I just go 'don't care!'

United States of Tara looked horrible.
It just is. Download s1ep1 and decide for yourself.

Meanwhile, Dex is halpful;
Image
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

User avatar
smash
Posts: 1332
Joined: 06 Aug 2006 03:43
Location: Cloud 6
Contact:

Re: TV NEWS

Post by smash » 04 Jun 2011 19:58

Dex wrote:
smash wrote:Anyone catch the Burn Notice one of? About Sam? I got it on my DVR but haven't yet watched it.
I couldn't watch more than 25 minutes before stopping. It's since been deleted from my tivo.

I finally finished this this morning (what can I say, nothing is on) and HOLY PILE OF SHIT.

If this is writing for the new upcoming, season...I'm sad.

User avatar
Dex
Big Daddy
Posts: 1377
Joined: 04 Aug 2006 13:41
Location: Long Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: TV NEWS

Post by Dex » 05 Jun 2011 06:19

smash wrote:
Dex wrote:
smash wrote:Anyone catch the Burn Notice one of? About Sam? I got it on my DVR but haven't yet watched it.
I couldn't watch more than 25 minutes before stopping. It's since been deleted from my tivo.

I finally finished this this morning (what can I say, nothing is on) and HOLY PILE OF SHIT.

If this is writing for the new upcoming, season...I'm sad.
I'm honestly surprised you continued watching. Even with nothing on right now, I could easily give you 5 suggestions to download (I'm not really sure what you are watching or not watching at the moment, so I apologize).

1. The Borgias (Showtime) - Just ended the first 9-episode season. It's The Sopranos meets Assassins Creed.
2. The Killing (AMC) - Are you watching this? If not, you should be. Only 3 episodes left.
3. Game of Thrones (HBO) - Epic mid-evil masterpiece. Every episode blows me away.
4. Breakout Kings (A&E) - Fun, action-packed drama. Cops & cons working together to track down prison escapees.
5. Nurse Jackie (HBO) - You asked why it's so good? Time to check it out.
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

User avatar
smash
Posts: 1332
Joined: 06 Aug 2006 03:43
Location: Cloud 6
Contact:

Re: TV NEWS

Post by smash » 05 Jun 2011 16:03

I know you like Nurse Jackie and The Killings. I'm tempted to check out Killings. Disinterested in Nurse Jackie.

I am watching Game of Thrones. Absolutely love it. I am 500 pages into book 3 of the series now, started after the second episode. Peter Dinklage is amazing in that show.

Borgias is boring the piss out of me. I'm 4 episodes in and still uncaring.

BN: The Fall of Sam Axe was on while doing other things....and it was really that bad.

User avatar
Dex
Big Daddy
Posts: 1377
Joined: 04 Aug 2006 13:41
Location: Long Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: TV NEWS

Post by Dex » 05 Jun 2011 20:10

smash wrote:I know you like Nurse Jackie and The Killings. I'm tempted to check out Killings. Disinterested in Nurse Jackie.

I am watching Game of Thrones. Absolutely love it. I am 500 pages into book 3 of the series now, started after the second episode. Peter Dinklage is amazing in that show.

Borgias is boring the piss out of me. I'm 4 episodes in and still uncaring.

BN: The Fall of Sam Axe was on while doing other things....and it was really that bad.
The KILLING. Singular my friend. This is not CSI or L&O, this is a real crime drama with feeling.

I'm happy you are watching and enjoying Game of Thrones.

If you don't like the Borgias after 4 ep, then just stop.
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

User avatar
Dex
Big Daddy
Posts: 1377
Joined: 04 Aug 2006 13:41
Location: Long Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: TV NEWS

Post by Dex » 21 Jul 2011 05:35

FX fall season announcement today;

Sons of Anarchy season 4 - Tuesday, Sept. 6, at 10 (90 minute episode)
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia season 7 - Thursday, Sept. 15, at 10
Archer season 3 - Thursday, Sept. 15, at 10:30
American Horror Story season 1 - Wednesday, Oct. 5, at 10
The League season 3 - Thursday, Oct. 6, at 10:30
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

User avatar
Mike
Posts: 343
Joined: 21 Jul 2007 14:13

Re: TV NEWS

Post by Mike » 24 Jul 2011 08:34


User avatar
Dex
Big Daddy
Posts: 1377
Joined: 04 Aug 2006 13:41
Location: Long Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: TV NEWS

Post by Dex » 24 Jul 2011 18:08

This was announced over a year ago.

z


In related animation news, Futurama has been renewed for 2 more seasons. Yay
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

User avatar
Mike
Posts: 343
Joined: 21 Jul 2007 14:13

Re: TV NEWS

Post by Mike » 25 Jul 2011 06:20

derp

User avatar
Dex
Big Daddy
Posts: 1377
Joined: 04 Aug 2006 13:41
Location: Long Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: TV NEWS

Post by Dex » 25 Jul 2011 09:28

“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

User avatar
Dex
Big Daddy
Posts: 1377
Joined: 04 Aug 2006 13:41
Location: Long Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: TV NEWS

Post by Dex » 27 Jul 2011 05:46

TNT has renewed Franklin & Bash for a second 10-episode season next summer.
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

User avatar
Dex
Big Daddy
Posts: 1377
Joined: 04 Aug 2006 13:41
Location: Long Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: TV NEWS

Post by Dex » 16 Aug 2011 13:37

Image
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

User avatar
Dex
Big Daddy
Posts: 1377
Joined: 04 Aug 2006 13:41
Location: Long Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: TV NEWS

Post by Dex » 26 Aug 2011 04:50

“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests