The Walking Dead

TV talk.

Moderator: smash

User avatar
AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.
Posts: 1880
Joined: 07 Aug 2006 07:35
Location: Cloud 9
Contact:

The Walking Dead

Post by AngelBaby » 25 Aug 2010 04:45

Can't. Fucking. Wait.



FTMFW

First ep airs October 31. How perfect is that? :dance:

User avatar
Dex
Big Daddy
Posts: 1377
Joined: 04 Aug 2006 13:41
Location: Long Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by Dex » 26 Sep 2010 15:45

This is a fan-made video, but I really hope AMC sees it and makes it the official opening credits for TWD. It uses some great images from the comic book

http://vimeo.com/15266890
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

User avatar
AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.
Posts: 1880
Joined: 07 Aug 2006 07:35
Location: Cloud 9
Contact:

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by AngelBaby » 28 Sep 2010 01:43

Wow. I can't imagine anyone producing anything superior to that effort. I hope it catches the eye of the powers-that-be at AMC and gets the nod to be used for the series.

User avatar
Dex
Big Daddy
Posts: 1377
Joined: 04 Aug 2006 13:41
Location: Long Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by Dex » 07 Oct 2010 14:06



In before smash compares TWD to Dark Blue.
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

User avatar
Dex
Big Daddy
Posts: 1377
Joined: 04 Aug 2006 13:41
Location: Long Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by Dex » 23 Oct 2010 05:19

For those :nana: who can't wait another 9 days...

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5901858 ... P2P__%28BX
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

User avatar
smash
Posts: 1332
Joined: 06 Aug 2006 03:43
Location: Cloud 6
Contact:

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by smash » 23 Oct 2010 21:03

I snagged it Thursday... and then proceeded to virus up my machine somehow (I blame installing fucking gotomeeting for work).

So I haven't had time to watch it yet. I can't wait to see how it compares to Dark Blue.

User avatar
AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.
Posts: 1880
Joined: 07 Aug 2006 07:35
Location: Cloud 9
Contact:

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by AngelBaby » 24 Oct 2010 12:18

Dex wrote:For those :nana: who can't wait another 9 days...

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5901858 ... P2P__%28BX
Will wait another 9 days in order to watch it in proper HD on my nice big TV.

It's the thought that counts though.
^_^

User avatar
Dex
Big Daddy
Posts: 1377
Joined: 04 Aug 2006 13:41
Location: Long Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by Dex » 25 Oct 2010 04:14

smash wrote:I snagged it Thursday... and then proceeded to virus up my machine somehow (I blame installing fucking gotomeeting for work).

So I haven't had time to watch it yet. I can't wait to see how it compares to Dark Blue.
Double lulz. First for the DB reference, you get a gold star.

Second for gotomeeting. Is your company so retarded and/or cheap that they can't just use a simple Cisco VPN and Windows RDP? You really need to hire some new IT administrators ;)
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

User avatar
smash
Posts: 1332
Joined: 06 Aug 2006 03:43
Location: Cloud 6
Contact:

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by smash » 25 Oct 2010 05:57

Dex wrote:
smash wrote:I snagged it Thursday... and then proceeded to virus up my machine somehow (I blame installing fucking gotomeeting for work).

So I haven't had time to watch it yet. I can't wait to see how it compares to Dark Blue.
Double lulz. First for the DB reference, you get a gold star.

Second for gotomeeting. Is your company so retarded and/or cheap that they can't just use a simple Cisco VPN and Windows RDP? You really need to hire some new IT administrators ;)

You missed when I compared something else to Dark Blue just to piss you off. So you lose a star.

You also lose a star, because I needed gotomeeting for an outside sales person who requested my presence so he could tell me (in a visual way, apparently) what he didn't like about our software (how you use it) even though he hasn't used it (cuz he hasn't bought it yet) nor did he remember seeing a demonstration from one of our sales people showing him how it works. Oh and btw, his entire meeting was "I don't like how it works, how will you fix it so that I buy it?" Asshole.

BTW - we use Gotomeeting, WebEX, VPN/RDP, RDP openly, teamviewer, and a few other tools. Basically we have to use whatever product (potential) customer uses. I hate all of them except Windows.

User avatar
smash
Posts: 1332
Joined: 06 Aug 2006 03:43
Location: Cloud 6
Contact:

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by smash » 25 Oct 2010 05:59

Update. My router at home launched attacks against my laptop when I got home again. This was after spending all Friday rdbuilding my work laptop. DoS attacks with UDP saying coming from the IP of my wireless router. ?!?!?!?!?!?

My home pc is fine.

User avatar
Dex
Big Daddy
Posts: 1377
Joined: 04 Aug 2006 13:41
Location: Long Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by Dex » 25 Oct 2010 07:07

smash wrote:You missed when I compared something else to Dark Blue just to piss you off. So you lose a star.
How did I lose a star? I didn't miss it, I totally got it and it made me laugh, hence "you get a star for the DB reference"

Too bad we don't have a TV moderator around here to clean up all this off-topic garbage :meow:
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

User avatar
AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.
Posts: 1880
Joined: 07 Aug 2006 07:35
Location: Cloud 9
Contact:

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by AngelBaby » 25 Oct 2010 07:21

smash wrote:Update. My router at home launched attacks against my laptop when I got home again. This was after spending all Friday rdbuilding my work laptop. DoS attacks with UDP saying coming from the IP of my wireless router. ?!?!?!?!?!?

My home pc is fine.
Lulz. You've just gotta love the Wonderful World of Windows.

Sent from my Mac. :D

User avatar
Dex
Big Daddy
Posts: 1377
Joined: 04 Aug 2006 13:41
Location: Long Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by Dex » 25 Oct 2010 14:40

AngelBaby wrote:
smash wrote:Update. My router at home launched attacks against my laptop when I got home again. This was after spending all Friday rdbuilding my work laptop. DoS attacks with UDP saying coming from the IP of my wireless router. ?!?!?!?!?!?

My home pc is fine.
Lulz. You've just gotta love the Wonderful World of Windows.

Sent from my Mac. :D
See, if we had a TV Moderator, he could delete rubbish like this...
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

User avatar
smash
Posts: 1332
Joined: 06 Aug 2006 03:43
Location: Cloud 6
Contact:

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by smash » 26 Oct 2010 00:09

Dex wrote:
AngelBaby wrote:
smash wrote:Update. My router at home launched attacks against my laptop when I got home again. This was after spending all Friday rdbuilding my work laptop. DoS attacks with UDP saying coming from the IP of my wireless router. ?!?!?!?!?!?

My home pc is fine.
Lulz. You've just gotta love the Wonderful World of Windows.

Sent from my Mac. :D
See, if we had a TV Moderator, he could delete rubbish like this...

I agree. Then we could have no conversation threads!

User avatar
psyper
Posts: 577
Joined: 12 Sep 2007 01:40
Location: UK

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by psyper » 26 Oct 2010 04:05

Just saw it just now - epic. Looking forward to it coming out proper - having it renew for a 2nd season helps that too!!
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest